The 14th lesson in the Crash Course series delves into the cryptic world of programmatic buying to illustrate the difference between the traditional ‘waterfall’ process that publishers use to serve an ad versus the newer ‘header bidding’ technique.
If these terms mean nothing to you yet, don’t be dismayed—this lesson provides a visual breakdown of how programmatic auctions work and the key differences between the two methods.
In this lesson you will learn:
- How the traditional ‘waterfall’ method of programmatic buying works.
- How publishers set up a ‘waterfall’.
- Why there is a need for a different approach.
- How header bidding is set up.
- What the benefits of header bidding are.
Originally published in Campaign Asia