Last Updated: August 1, 2016; Effective: September 1, 2016
Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising and cross-device targeting does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company from which you have opted out of receiving interest-based advertising or cross-device targeting will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns on a particular web browser or device.
Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising from Cookies
If you want to opt out from having PubMatic’s services collect information via cookies about your Internet visits, for purposes of interest-based advertising, please use this opt-out option.
When you opt out, an opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser. Please note the following important information related to opting out:
- The opt-out only applies to the browser in the device in which you set it. For example, if you set the opt-out while using the Firefox browser, then the opt-out applies only to the Firefox browser on the device where it was set, not other browsers or devices.
- To opt out from other browsers and devices, you will need to repeat the opt-out process in such browsers and devices.
- If you block the opt-out cookie or your browser is configured to block third-party cookies, then the PubMatic opt-out cookie may not work.
- If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. You may download a browser extension that will help preserve the opt-out preferences you set by visiting www.aboutads.info/PMC.
You can tell if your browser and computer have the opt-out cookie present by reviewing your status at this page.
If you opt out and change your mind, you can always opt in by using the opt-in above.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Many of our media buyer clients and data providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program, both of which provide opt-out mechanisms for their respective members or participants. If you go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, or www.youronlinechoices.eu (if you are located in the European Union), you can learn how to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across multiple third-party websites, mobile applications, multiple devices, or online services.
Some of our publisher clients have their own opt-out mechanisms that are linked from their sites or their online-posted privacy policies. You should review the privacy policies of those companies for these opt-out links if you no longer wish to receive targeted advertising from a particular company, or multiple companies.
Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising for Mobile Advertising Identifiers
Our clients and partners may display interest-based advertising to you in mobile applications, based on your use of mobile applications over time and across non-affiliated apps. To learn more about these practices and how to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Opting Out of Statistical Identification in Mobile Apps
We offer opt-out of statistical identification in mobile apps in one of two ways:
- Click on the Advertising Options icon in the ad, which will take you to a landing page. Set preferences to “Opt Out” or
- Click on the icon in the Advertising Options icon in the ad, which will take you to an Opt-Out App download page. Download and open the opt-out application, and set preferences to “Opt-Out.”
We offer opt-out of statistical identification on mobile web pages as follows:
- Click on the Advertising Options Icon in the ad and set preference to “Opt-Out.”
Opting Out of Cross-Device Targeting
Our clients and partners may combine and use information from websites or applications on your current browser or device with information from your other browsers or devices for advertising purposes. To opt out of such practices, please follow the instructions above for opting out on each of your browsers and on each of your mobile devices.
Please note that you will need to opt out separately on each of your browsers and on each of your mobile devices to ensure that information collected on a particular browser or device is not used on another browser or device.