Advertisers want to be assured that their campaigns are viewed by humans in a brand-safe environment. Our teams and ad fraud detection tools inspire buyer confidence by rigorously vetting publishers prior to onboarding and implementing pre-bid and post-bid protections to detect and filter out invalid traffic and other nefarious activity, while bolstering brand safety.
PubMatic is a vocal supporter of increased transparency in the programmatic landscape. Our fraud-free program is part of PubMatic’s ongoing efforts to clean up the online advertising ecosystem. If digital ad fraud is detected by a demand partner, PubMatic will promptly provide a credit to the demand partner for any suspect traffic served by PubMatic provided the following criteria are met:
- The demand partner is actively using an MRC-accredited inventory quality solution.
- The impressions are reported in writing to PubMatic no later than thirty (30) days after the close of the month during which the impressions were served.
- The written report must include the relevant timeframe and type of the suspicious activity, number of suspicious impressions, and spend for the impression for each unique publisher ID and domain URL.
- PubMatic will verify in good faith that the relevant impressions are suspect traffic or were served in error by PubMatic.
- The credit cannot exceed the total winning bid prices for noncompliant impressions.
- A refund will be issued if the total credit requested for the month exceeds $500 USD.
We are steadfast in our enforcement of ads.txt and do not allow our supply partners to monetize inventory that is unauthorized per a site’s ads.txt entry. We have also developed technology to automate the reading of a site’s file and filter out unauthorized inventory.
PubMatic has been accredited with the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) “Certified Against Fraud” seal, which recognizes our ongoing dedication to “combatting fraudulent non-human traffic in the digital advertising supply chain.”
PubMatic has been issued the latest Brand Safety (DTSG) seal and certificate by JICWEBS (Joint Industry Committee for Web Standards), which oversees the independent development of Good Practice and Standards for digital ad trading in the UK.
Inspiring buyer confidence and brand safetyGET IN TOUCH
Understanding Inventory Quality: Thinking Beyond Bots
Learn insights into what both buyers and publishers should be aware of with inventory quality to thrive within the new programmatic future.READ MORE
Three Trends to Watch in Inventory Quality
Discover three key trends in inventory quality and what this means for demand partners from PubMatic's Director of Inventory Quality, Eric Bozinny.READ MORE
Enforcing Ads.txt: PubMatic’s Commitment to Fighting Fraud
We are steadfast in our enforcement of ads.txt and do not allow our supply partners to monetize inventory that is unauthorized per a site’s ads.txt entry.READ MORE